The subject of course is most significant to me as my second novel is coming out next year. Shine has been almost three years in the making, and I think it's okay to reveal that, frankly, it's NOT the book I set out to write.
Read my Storyblog piece on how my second novel was a tale of the unexpected ...
You might also want to read what the other DFB Storybloggers had to say -
- Linda Newbery led with the painful story of her second book.
- The illustrators Richard Collingridge, David Wyatt (who recalled feelings of gratitude and anxiety on his second cover commission by a young, fresh faced David Fickling), Sarah McIntyre and Lesley White showed off some wonderful sketches and talked about second tries (and third tries)
- John Dickinson talked about what could go wrong with a sequel
- Andrew Norris talked about what could go right (and well he should as his second Archie book is now out)
- Conrad Mason went on and on about lemurs and goblins.
- And Adele Geras hooked me immediately by revealing that her second novel was actually her first.